Danish Energy Management provides Energy Consultancy within the areas of Policy, Regulation, Finance, Institutional Development and Information and Communication.
During the last 20 years, we have delivered consultancy services within the energy sector to a vast number of national and international cooperation agencies, lender and recipients and we have implemented energy projects in more than 50 countries.
Danish Energy Management places a major focus on energy projects worldwide, mostly within the field of Renewable Energy (RE), Energy Efficiency (EE), Demand Side management (DSM), Combined Heat and Power Technology (CHP), Rural Energy, Energy policy and Energy Legislation.
In the eighties, we started delivering energy policy and planning consultancy, including financial and legal advice. Following this, various major turnkey energy projects were undertaken on Danish ground.
These included the implementation of several biomass-fired district heating systems, installation of natural gas fired power plants as well as fuel conversion and heat infrastructure modernisation. All the projects implemented are running successfully today.
Danish Energy Management became involved in international projects at an early stage. In the beginning of the nineties, we delivered energy policy advice, national energy strategies, assessments and energy action plans. We also supervised several Energy Project Management Units for the European Commission in Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries.
Danish Energy Management has assisted various national energy authorities in the Eastern European region to prepare the countries’ energy sectors for compliance with European Community Law. This facilitated the countries’ accession to the European Union.
As a result, we celebrated our contribution to this process in December 2002 at the Copenhagen European Council Meeting, when the European Union approved the EU enlargement with ten new member states.
Today, Danish Energy Management’s services include among others:
- Implementation of RE, EE and DSM projects mainly in Southeast Asia, Africa and Europe;
- Programming, project identification, design and appraisal of energy projects;
- Best practices, case studies and selection of most suitable options in specific cases;
- Overall Energy Planning and Energy Economics;
- Human resource development programmes and Capacity Building in energy related issues;
- Energy policy advice;
- Organizational restructuring and privatization of energy plants;
- Development and implementation of technical information related to energy standards, including: labeling and appliance standards;
- Energy legislation and energy regulation;
- International product benchmarking;
- Economic / financial evaluation and analysis of energy infrastructure systems and energy projects, including: pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, implementation modalities; and
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects and programs in the energy sector.
Danish Energy Management’s efforts and resources are focused on solutions that will accelerate the delivery of sustainable energy services, resulting in economic growth and poverty reduction.
Danish Energy Management has designed and implemented development projects and programs for a variety of governmental and non-governmental bodies, international agencies and private sector clients including:
- Australian Greenhouse Office;
- Danish International Development Assistance DANIDA (Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs) and DANCED (Danish Cooperation for Environment and Development);
- EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development);
- European Commission;
- IEA (International Energy Agency);
- IFC (International Finance Corporation);
- REEEP (Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership);
- UNDP (United Nations Development Programme);
- USAID (United States Agency for International Development);
- World Bank and others.